Raising funds for Cancer Council
29th May 2017
Geoff Searl a local businessman has dedicated 2017 to giving back to his community by raising funds for the Cancer Council. Geoff has built a replica C5R Corvette that Dale Earnhardt Senior and Junior, Kelly Collins and Andy Pilgrim drove in the 2001 Rolex 24 hour race at Daytona USA. The car will be used to promote a Raffle for Cancer in shopping centres and at motor vehicle events.
The raffle has fantastic prizes including:
1st prize - a Harley Davidson "STREET BOB"
2nd prize - a $10,000 holiday!
The raffle will be drawn on 13th December 2017 at the Cancer Council offices, Newcastle.
- Every donation of $10 or over is eligible for an entry in the raffle draw.
- Any donation of $2 or over is tax deductible.
HOW WILL THE FUNDS BE USED
The combined efforts of the Searl Family Fundraiser will allow the Cancer Council to:
- Research better Cancer prevention and treatment options.
- Provide a helping service staffed with oncology nurses to answer questions about all cancers.
- Provide financial support and legal advice to cancer patients experiencing hardship.
- Lobby the Government to provide better cancer services such as, parking at treatment centres and radiotherapy in regional areas.
VISION - To raise in excess of $140,000 for Research
MISSION - To assist in the fight for a cure for cancer through medical research.
To help support this fantastic effort we will be selling the Raffle for Cancer tickets in our Newcastle office reception, tickets are $10 each or 3 for $20, cash only please.
To donate to Geoff you can go to his fundraiser page
If you have a business that would like to sponsor the fundraiser please find more details including contact details here.