How to Make your Board Meetings Effective
Are your Board meetings productive and effective or are they frustrating, long and drawn out with no resolutions or action plans? Here are a few tips to get the most out of your board meeting: -
- Have an agenda and circulate material relevant to the agenda a week in advance
- Set a finish time for the meeting. While the meeting may go overtime, an anticipated finish time can keep discussions on-track.
- Ensure all Directors have adequate training and understand their role and obligations as a Director.
- Be respectful of others at all times and do not over-speak fellow board members.
- Ensure detailed and accurate minutes are kept.
- Ensure each discussion or agenda item has a resolution or is taken to an action list with a time-frame for completion.
- Table action list and progress at each meeting.
A few simple changes could make a big difference to the outcomes of your Board meeting.
The realities of insuring against cybercrime
15th July 2020
Think your business is too small or that your data and information isn’t important enough to be targeted by hackers? Think again.
Much of our communication, be it personal or businesses-related,... more
COVID-19 Business Impact Insights
8th July 2020
DFK ANZ recently completed a survey in May 2020 on the impacts of COVID-19 businesses.more
Tax return tips
8th July 2020
Despite the current COVID-19 world in which we live, the procedures for completing and lodging tax returns remains pretty much the same.
So, before we sit down with you (in person or virtually) to... more